Below are the points to consider while buying Domain Name:
1) Avoid buying Domain Name with Hyphen in it, It is not user friendly Domain Name, and is also not SEO friendly, Top Big companies never uses Hyphen domains.
2) Avoid buying Domain Name with Number and Characters both in it, Example: 5buydomain.com buysell9.com etc., however there are some exception like you can go for
24by7support.com, 360degree.com as it sounds good, easy to remember and relevant too.
3) You can buy Domain name with only numbers in it, if it is short Example 3366.com, 7899.com is premium Chinese Domain name,
Chinese Investor's buy lot of Domain name with only Number's in it.
Number Domains are in Huge Demand in China because Chinese people don't know English, so they prefer numbers in domain
instead of English Characters.
Also China is big and has lot of lottery business’s, so those business consider only numbers.
Avoid Numbers 4, 7, 5 these are unlucky Chinese numbers.
4) Take only less Characters in Domain name, Characters greater than 15 is not good for SEO,
Search engines think it as Spammy domains if there are more character count in Domain name like BuySellFurnitureInUsa.com Search Engine treat this domain as spammy as if owner wanted to fool search engines
by having all words in Domain name itself.
Also, less character domain name is good to type easily, user can go directly to that domain instead of searching in Internet,
think if you want to go to Olx.com you just type Olx.com in browser, however if you want to go to longcharacter.com domain name,
you rather search in Google and then will go to that domain. Top Business’s buy short Domain name to avoid user's go to other competitor's sites while searching,
this is Market Strategy to retain users by having short domain name in it.
Think you searched long domain name in Google and then in search result you see competitor's website, you may
go to competitor's website instead of the website that you intended to go initially.
5) Try to buy .COM TLD domain as it is famous and world recognised commercial domain, it is good for Domain Trading.
6) If you are planning to buy other New TLD than check who is the Registry Owner of that TLD, Registry having Largest TLD Market share is a safe bet as Sponsoring Organization is big and will not bankrupt in future.
Donuts Inc company is owner of more than 180 TLD, so it is safe to buy those TLDs as TLD is in big hands.
7) Check the TLD matches with your Business niche (if you are not going with .com), Example if you are Coffee business owner buy HotChocolate.Coffee instead of HotChocolate.Info
You should know that there are now more than 1800+ TLD available in the Internet Market.
8) Avoid buying domain name that is not relevant at all like Car.Dentist, Car.Beer it doesn't make any sense. Do not buy those domain names.
9) Do not think that if Domain Whisky.com sold for 3.1 Million, you can buy pattern like Chisky.com, 6whisky.com etc. thinking that you will get buyers.
10) You can buy Domain based on Sales data, so if deposit.com sold for 1.5 Million and if you are able to get deposit.info domain than you can buy it.
11) Buy Old Aged Closeout Expired Domains from GoDaddy, GoDaddy Last Day Expired Closeout is priced only 5 USD + renewal fees, and you can get good old Domains in less price.
12) Buy Exact High-Volume Keyword domain name to get good returns, as it will be in Demand,
Example: Auto Insurance Keyword is high Monthly Volume Premium Keywords and is in demand.
13) Check for CPC of the Keywords that you are planning to Buy Domain Name,
go for High CPC keywords, Like Lawyers, Insurance, Accident, Mesothelioma, Plumber, Attorney Keywords are having 100 USD CPC.
14) If you are buying any aged Old Domains or Deleted Domains check for it's MOZ Spam Score, MOZ Spam Score should not be greater than 10.
You can use Disavow Tool to remove bad existing Backlinks if you already own Domain and wanted to reduce it's Spam Score.
15) Avoid buying Spammy TLDs such as .REST, .BUZZ, .WORK, .TOP, .LOAN, .CF, .CLICK, .CLUB
16) If you are going for Expired Domains, Check for it's Majestic Trust Flow called as TF , TF greater than 15 is good factor and good Domain to buy, TF/CF should not be less than .20 (CF is Majestic Citation Flow)
17) If you are buying old Age Expired Domains, Check for Website pages snapshot present in https://archive.org/web/ if the Wayback archive is Clean than it is good to sell
it to buyer, because Buyer don't want Domain that has bad Archive Snapshot pages, Imagine a situation where you buy any Domain
and you see that Domain was having Snapshot in Wayback archive showing Website was doing Wrong business in the past.
Buyer don't want to buy that Domain. You can always send email to Wayback Support team for clean up archive [email protected]
18) Before buying Domain for Trading purpose, check how many TLD already sold out or not available, this is good indication
of Domain that is in Demand, also it reduces the risk of buyer going to other TLD if same TLD not available.
Think if you are quoting abcdefg.com Domain in 10000 USD in Marketplace, and abcdefg.net is available in just 10 USD, Buyer may not be
interested in buying that .com in huge price, to better Market yourself, you need to atleast buy .COM, .NET, few other on-demand TLDs
to reduce the risk, buyer can buy abcdefg.com in 100 USD if .net is available in 10 USD, but not the other way around by spending
huge money in .COM
19) Go to Google Trends and search Keyword that you are planning to buy Domain Name, find it's trends for last 5 years, and status of
trends in last 3 months. Interest Trends greater than 65 is very good and it is an indication that people in the world searching for that
keyword regularly in search engine.
20) Go for Dictionary Language words which is most spoken language in the world to sell in the country where it is spoken, however keep in
mind that character count of dictionary word should be less, easy to spell and remember. In this case you may not really need to check Keyword
Volume, Keyword CPC etc. It is based on Domain Buyer's interest if he wants that dictionary word in his new business website.
Most spoken languages after English are Mandarin Chinese, Hindi, Spanish, French, Russian.
21) For Expired Closeout Domains, Pending Delete Domains, Auction Domains check it's total Referring Backlinks, If Domain is having
good high Authority backlinks than it is advantage for you to buy that domain as you can ask for High Genuine Price.
Ex: if Domain is having backlinks from Forbes.com or high reputational Website, multiple High DA websites, it is good factor to buy Domain.
22) Check custom URL if present in social media sites like Facebook, Twitter. It is always good if custom URL still available.
For Ex: if you buy abcdefg.com domain, check if facebook.com/abcdefg is still available. Top companies uses Branding name in all social media sites.
23) For Expired Domains/ Deleted Domains, check it's Alexa Ranking
, if you find any top Alexa ranking website's available (Alexa should be less than 70000 to consider)
than you can consider buying that domain name.
24) If you are considering buying Expired Domains/Deleted Domains, find it's Semrush Keyword ranking, more Semrush Keywords count is good factor to buy the Domain.
Ex : if abcdef.com is having Semrush Keyword count greater than 300 that means for 300 Keyword's website is currently ranking less than 100 position in Google search result.
25) For Expired Domains/Deleted Domains, Check if the Domain is not banned by Google, that means it should be indexed by Search engines.
26) When you search any term in Google engine, it provides total number of results for that terms something like you see "About 158,000,000 results (0.61 seconds)"
Result's having greater than 300 Million results is good factor, and result showing as Billions is very good.
Example: if you want to buy Domain Car.com, search Car and see how many Results come, for Car it is coming more than 10 Billions, that shows
it's keyword strength.
27) Check how many Similar Domains pattern already exist in Domain Auction site's (Ex: Godaddy Domain Auction Site) to get a feeling of how much competitions you
will face once you published it for Sale, Ex: if you are planning to buy abcdCARS.com for trading purpose, then search Godaddy Domain Auctions Sites
that listed *cars* domain, it comes around 20000+ Domains currently listed for Domain Sale in Godaddy Site itself. Do you think you can compete with
other 20000 Domains already listed in Auction site?
28) Last but not the least, think yourself if you would be a buyer of the Domain name you are planning to sell, Do you buy it in that Price?
Is the Domain really worth the price that you are quoting?